Editor, Hagedorn Communications, New York, NY, 2007-2010
- Covered real estate, development, economics in New York market
- Edited content for Real Estate Weekly; supervised staff writers
- Reported on housing market crash of 2007; assisted with Brokers Weekly launch
- Covered technology, software, and security for online media
- Produced digital newsletters and manged web content.
- Served as managing editor for Application Development Trends.
- Assisted in launch of Microsoft-based Redmond Developer News.
- Reported on public affairs; covered local and state politics, schools, and crime.
- Planned lead story packages; assisted in running editorial meetings.
- Broke stories on controversial legislation; visits from Presidents Clinton, Bush; and a school budget crisis.
- Penned op-eds, blog posts, and articles for website
- Assisted with development through organizing online fundraisers
- Pitched news stories to local and state media.
- Managed all editorial, advertising, and production staff.
- Orchestrated redesign and re-launched as school's first weekly.
- Challenged pre-press review process; covered by Poynter Institute, Student Press Law Center.